She can't afford snow boots, but she can afford a Wii?

My SO's ex wife told us last week that she cannot afford snow boots for their son. We had already purchased a new coat, snow pants, gloves, mittens, and a whole new winter wardrobe for him. So we grit our teeth and went to buy the snow boots as well. She then tells us today that she bought her son a Wii for Christmas.

How in the HELL do I not strangle her?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't know but that is such crap--i have friend who is going through the same thing now--I'm not really sure how to handle this--just pray for the strength to get by! Good luck
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• maybe she just wanted you and your husband to get all the stuff he needs so she can get the stuff he wants
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• so you want me to strangle her? i remember your last post. what i bitch. my SO ex used to do that to. when we were just dating i remember her calling and saying she couldn't afford to get them hair cuts or their skool pictures taken or she needed more money for this or that. now mind you she got child support but that was never enuff,but the dumb skank drove a new car and got a new car every year. well when we got married that all ended. i am a bigger bitch then she is lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Some parents just don't see the priorities sensibly! keep the stuff you bought at your house then she HAS to buy him winter clothes for her house.
    Anonymous

• Chica...I read your last post...UGH...I want to smack her for you.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i would give the kid those boots, the next time she asks for something tell her you cant and that thsts what child support is for. refuse any request for money or valuables. tell her to get on food stamps or something, if she doest have money it shouldnt be a problem
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2008