Baby Allergies?

My 15 week old woke up the other morning with a very stuff nose and what sounds like sinus drippage in his throat. He cleared up, but then last night at around 11pm, back to sniffles again. Daddy has pretty bad allergies, and I've got mild ones. The weather is so nice now, I hate to keep him inside just to avoid the sniffles. Can babies really get allergies this soon? What do you recommend? -It's always when he first wakes up by the way.

EdwinsMommy

Asked by EdwinsMommy at 3:04 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They sure can get allergies. Turn on a humidifier at night. Air conditioning, rather than open windows can be very helpful. If he's having some congestion, rub vapors (of essential oils or Vicks) on his feet and underarms before he goes to bed. Make sure you are cleaning or changing your air filters every month for best results when you have allergic people in the home.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You can ask your doctor about giving Children's Benadryl. I gave it to my daughter at 3 months old to treat eczema which is the result of allergies. I only gave it to her at night when she needed it because it would make her so drowzy, but it would give her enough relief to be able to sleep comfortably. The dosage is dependent on age and weight so you'll need the advice of your doctor.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:34 PM on May. 10, 2011