Father ~ Son ~ n Ex

Tell me how you'd react:
Father gets son every other weekend.... and in summers has son through Mon. Father gets 2 weeks vacation during summer (either back to back or 2 sep weeks).
Father tells ex which 2 weeks he'd like for his vacation (happens to be sep weeks).... when upon Ex tells him, she's scheduled her vacation on a weekend Father is to have son.

How would you react?

MrsDAP

Asked by MrsDAP at 3:10 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Does the visitation agreement state that she may not schedule vacation time with child during his weekend?

Mine states that vacations do not have to be scheduled around normal visitation.

However, if she had already scheduled it, why did she not tell him before?

I wouldn't think anything of it but XH and I have a pretty good relationship where if I have DD on days that he is supposed to have her, it ends up working out that he gets her on days I would normally have her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• To avoid conflict I'd switch the weekend, unless there is a problem there? There's 4 weeks in the month, can it not be rearranged?

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• There is nothing stating vacation and normal weekend visitation in the agreement..... but on that note IF we take vacation 2 weeks back to back it would fall on her weekend regardless.
    Her vacation on our weekend is a family vacation planned with 2 other families, so we know this has been planned for a long while. And switching weekends is impossible as she already has all of her weekends planned in advanced.
    This woman is unreasonable beyond all belief.
    MrsDAP

Comment by MrsDAP (original poster) at 3:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• The relationship between hubby and his ex is barely existent. They speak when only necessary and sometimes not even then.
    My point is kinda this: My hubby sees his son 6 days a month during the summer..... she has him the other 24...... she takes him on this vacation, he's only going to see him 3 days that month. And the ex has 2 weeks plus a weekend..... WHY did she have to schedule on a non weekend?
    We NEVER plans things that his son is to be included in that are not on his weekends, cause we know that she'd NEVER EVER in a TRILLION years go out of her way to see that her son is included in something that we'd have planned if it was her weekend.
    MrsDAP

Comment by MrsDAP (original poster) at 3:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• They are both adults and should be able yo settle this with out an argument. If we change the situation to say a patient and doctor visit than the conversation would have gone like this....

Patient- I'd like my appt next Monday.
    Doctor- next Monday is not good for me, how about Tuesday?
    Patient- no that doesn't work for me.how about the next week?
    Doctor-I'm open that week? What time?

When you take the drama/ emotion out of it. Your question seems silly to me. Why is this even an issue? It's a schedule, be open and honest about what's on both schedules until an agreement can be reached. Both parties need to be flexible and understanding of the others commitments. I guess if that was possible the 2 people in question would still be married. Lol!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I totally agree MsGwen - but his ex is NOT a reasonable person.
    It is her way or no way and if it was not her suggestion, then forget it.

oh, they were never married for this fact.....
    MrsDAP

Comment by MrsDAP (original poster) at 3:44 PM on May. 10, 2011