Do you notice the fake profiles?

Okay, these people upload pics and everything, but if you'll notice, they are individual pics and none are of the kids together or the kids and mom together. They will add you as a friend and tell you ellaborate stories that include a lot of turmoil. For example, the lady who had twins and was in a coma. She was IMing on CM while in "labor" and hubby was giving a play by play while she was in a coma. Then she was IMing two days later and back at home feeding her twins. Then there was a pic of twins posted online; however, no tubes or medical equipment on them even though they were premature and one of them supposedly died a few days later and was in critical condition at the time the pic was taken. Nothing about these accounts added up at all! Why create a profile and fake horrible stories about yourself???

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 3:16 PM on May. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• attention. I hardly have any photos of myself with my kids but that is because I am the picture taker. I try to keep my stories straight with the divorce and dating before it's final but dang.. there are people I can't tell the truth to until everything is final with the courts so I have a hard time keeping track.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:19 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I didn't see those particular posts. But my guess is she is someone who thrives on attention and will go to any extreme to get it. She also sounds like a drama queen. I'll have to start paying closer attention to those kinds of things.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:20 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Wow -some people must have a ton of time on their hands to do things like that -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I've had this happen lately (PM me if you want details), and I've also had "models" friend me on here, always IMing me and asking me to look at their pictures and then seriously oversharing about their sex lives, then having their "teenage sons" talk to me, who were overhearing and seeing a lot in regards to their sex lives. I think all three of these women were the same person who just got off on telling people detailed stories about their sex lives. I'm not a prude in any sense of the word, and usually will gladly openly discuss sex, since it is a big part of life, and I feel a lack of open, honest discussion about it is a problem in our society, but this was too much, even for me lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Honestly, no. I don't pay that much attention to other people on here. I know people by the screen name, and can often remember things they have posted in the past, but I rarely, if ever, visit their homepage. It's just not important to me.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I do not have the time to notice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 11, 2011

• i dont know why some poeple do that but i dont pay them any mind
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would agree with the others...just a sad bid for attention...
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 4:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't have any pictures of me or my children here or on any other site for there are way too many wackos out there and you don't know what they will do. It is bad enough they can get your personal information if they want to
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:47 AM on May. 12, 2011

• i have learned that there are all kinds of people in this world, and some of them are not exactly mentally stable, so trying to understand outlandish behavior such as this will probably never give you a a sastisfactory answer, and just add stress. Report them to cafe mom if you think they breaking CM rules
    jllcali

Answer by jllcali at 10:13 AM on May. 12, 2011