Enlisted and Officer dating?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost six months and its getting even more serious. The problem: Im an E5 hes an O1. I know the policy on fratinization but im wondering if the fact that we are in different components would make a difference. He is Active Duty Army and im Active Duty National Guard, we even working an hour away from each other. My entire office knows and has never made a big deal about it (they even poke fun with small jokes and ask when hes coming by to visit again or how hes doing)
But im wondering if we decide to get married and we file as dual military will flags be raised and questions asked then?
Has anyone ever heard of a similiar situation?

ArmyAshley

Asked by ArmyAshley at 3:19 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• so long as he isn't in your unit or company they can't get upset. you are stationed at different places so whatever. Officer's spouses join up as enlisted all the time, they don't get in trouble but they make sure they aren't in the same unit. Call up JAG and have a talk with them about it if you're worried
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It's not exactly a great idea to pursue a relationship like this. . .but there is nothing wrong with it especially you two aren't even the same branch. . . ZoeJains_momma is right. . . GL
    Anonymous

• I think that it's probably "frowned upon," but not totally against the rules as long as you're not in the same command. But, I do agree with the previous person to get in touch with JAG to find out exactly what you need to do to make sure that you're not breaking any rules.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:20 AM on May. 11, 2011