Ex's mother took my son to the ER and wrote me a note to tell me.

My ex-mother-in-law is always complaining about every little thing with my 2 boys, and is a hypochondriac who thinks that they r always sick, and that I dont take good enough care of them. but I want to get along with her, so I still let her see them. She had my 2.5 year old son over night this weekend, and when I sent him with her, he had a little cough, and within an hour of her picking him up, he had developed a little heat rash on his bottom from playing with me in the backyard in the sandbox with a diarrhea diaper, i didnt notice it till I brought him in to change him b4 she came. @ midnight that night she took him into the ER, and sent him home the next day with a note specifying exact dates and times and details about the "blisters" on his bottom, and that he had a double ear infection and so on. once home, he had no symptoms of an ear infection, and the blisters were gone. So it makes me wonder if he was really that sick... or if she is just trying to cause problems for me. anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would go to your own DR. and get his report in writing, just so you have your own paper trail....she sure sounds like a peach. good luck..
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Ask for a copy of the discharge papers. That should say what the diagnosis was. Doctors dont usually lie for anyones in laws.

Answer by gemgem at 3:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, I do. Do not let your kids stay over at her house any more. Tell her she can come visit the kids at your house anytime she want. But after that incident. No more taking the kids to her house.

Answer by louise2 at 3:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My question is why she was allowed to get him treated without your permission.... this is clearly not a life and death situation.... Does she have an emergency medical authorization form? If not you need to contact the hospital and complain ! Very scary that they are letting anyone give permission for medical care for someone else's child! Also while you have them on the phone, inform them that no matter who brings your child in for treatment you are to be contacted... period... As for grandma, I would be cutting down visitations, sounds like she is trying to stir up trouble.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 3:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That is a good point that Darcibeisheim, made, how ws she able to take him to the E.R? If she has the medical info, I would take it from her, or better yet, no more overnight visits. I have a feeling she may just have lied to make your sound bad.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• yep, no more over nite visits with Grandma. Seriously,
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That sounds creepy. I would be calling the ER and letting them know how inappropriate it is to treat your child without your consent...that is if she really took him there.
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 4:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• double ear infections would require antibiotics, did she get them filled?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• she didn't think it was necessary to call you, the child's mother, and atleast let you know that she was taking your son to the ER? this would be the last time i'd leave my children in her care.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I know she took him cuz I took my other son who WAS sick to the Dr that day and she made a comment about his brother being on the ER list that night... n i told her it was a mistake, that he wasnt in the ER... but she said she swore she saw his name. made me wonder..
    sarahlu

Comment by sarahlu (original poster) at 4:33 PM on May. 10, 2011