Getting pregnant after IUD.

So I had my IUD taken out last Thusday (5/5), I had it for 3 years and the doc said that I should have a period in 4 to 6 weeks and to wait until after the first period to try to conceive because the lining in my uterus would be thin from the IUD and should be thicker in order to reduce the risk of miscarriage. .

So yesterday (4 days after the IUD was out NOT 4 weeks) I started my period. So I guess I am going to call back and ask him if he thinks this is normal and if I should still wait to have one more period after this one.

Any experience with getting the IUD out, when you had a period first and how long it took to get pregnant after it was out?

pat7879

Asked by pat7879 at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I actually had my Mirena IUD taken out July 12, '09 and found out that I was pregnant with my daughter on August 2, '09. I never got a period and immediately got pregnant. They said my date of conception was July 22, '09. I was really surprised that it happened that quickly!
    VIVALAJUICY

Answer by VIVALAJUICY at 3:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Ha.
    Funny story i got mine taken out in i believe october, and i found out i was pregnant about a month later, I didnt try either they told me it was going to be a while before i could even get pregnant!
    kaelad123

Answer by kaelad123 at 3:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• NORMAL :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 11:28 PM on May. 10, 2011