Panetta was in full charge of Osama mission, not Obama?

I came across a very interesting and disturbing story the other day about the Osama raid. The information is from an unnamed "white house insider" and is very troubling. The CIA had been trying to do this mission for weeks, if not months and couldn't get Obama to agree to it.

Basic facts: Valerie Jarrett was against the raid and kept talking Obama out of it, too politically risky, especially if it failed like Carter's hostage rescue mission. SHE was the one who aborted the mission on Friday night NOT the weather.

Panetta finally got Clinton, Gates and Bill Daley to back him and kept Jarrett and Obama in the dark until after the mission was under way. Then they pulled Obama off the golf course.

Panetta had it set up so that the men on the mission were to only answer and take orders from him.

http://socyberty.com/issues/white-house-insider-obama-hesitated-panetta-issued-order-to-kill-osama-bin-laden/#ixzz1LoYI1BBu

Your thoughts if this is actually true? To me it's very scary that we have a president that can't make a tough decision, and a woman who is a "senior advisor" that sounds like she has way too much power.

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 3:30 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Does not surprise me at all.... this actually makes more sense than the version where he takes credit for all of it.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I guess anything is possible. He has never seemed to come to decisions quickly, so I would not be surprised if it were true.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• white house insider
    This must be like "a close friend of the family" Unless they want to name names, I take it with a grain of salt.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Well Grace, we only have how many versions of the story now, 28 or more? It used to be that someone from the military gave the mission briefing detailing what happened. Why not in this case? We had a stampede of people saying what happened, then the next day someone else said something different.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 3:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• UBL is dead-

Mission accomplished-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:40 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I'm not saying I completely believe every word, but some of it does make sense. And DC is a very leaky place. I don't blame someone for wanting to set the record straight without putting a target on themselves by giving their name.

How many years was it before the identity of "Deep Throat" from the Watergate scandal was revealed?
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 3:40 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Conflict is what Obama is good at. Nothing has been cut and dry with him or his administration. There is a constant cover up and ALWAYS a story that disputes his. I have never seen an administration as screwed up and conflicting as his. All this cover up is a good smoke screen for everyone to just take him at his word, and everyone else with all their stories are wearing "tin foil hats", (according to Obama minions).

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• There is a constant cover up and ALWAYS a story that disputes his. I have never seen an administration as screwed up and conflicting as his
    ******
    LOL guess he didn't learn from history that the coverup is what gets you in the end. Ask Nixon or Clinton.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 3:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Hmm I think it is plausible. I was wondering how BO suddenly found his balls. On another hand though..I find it a little disturbing if they went around the president kwim.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It's possible.... While I don't think we, as a nation, should get political about this mission, I do think Obama, Bush, and Clinton deserve EQUAL credit... No one getting more... No one getting less... The majority of the credit goes to special op/special forces/military...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:57 PM on May. 10, 2011