How to tell money is real (dollaer bills)

lol. I am serious. I got a letter in the mail that I won something or another anyway they sent me 2.00 in the mail with it. But the question is how do I tell the 2.00 they gave me is real? I mean it looks real, but it isn't renkled or anything it looks like a brand new dollar.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Wrinkled? And take it to the bank or use it in the pop machine...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• ya sorry I new that looked wrong lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• They are still making $2 bills, so it doesn't need to be old or damaged to be real. And in fact I have quite a few that are very real and yet not damaged from the 60's and 70's... But your best bet is to take it to a bank or collector and have it checked.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• no I ment they are 1.00 I have 2 of them sorry
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Buy a counterfeit pen from the store.

People really don't counterfeit small bills, the payout on it isn't worth it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:59 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No one is going to counterfeit $1 bills - it costs too much to do it for it to be worth it. It's only $2, use it or put it in your kid's piggy bank.
    Anonymous

• I just wanted to make sure it is real because I don't want to go and try to use it for them to tell me it isn't real I would be soooo embarrassed lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 PM on May. 10, 2011