Ultrasound picture help!

The pointer isn't pointing at anything, so please just ignore it. I think this clearly looks to be a boy (my doctor said boy) but it was taken at 15 weeks and now my doctor is saying it could be a girl. We had an ultrasound today but the baby's legs were crossed so we couldn't tell. He didn't remember me from the last ultrasound (he has a lot of patients and it was my first appt.) so he didn't remember what the baby looked like then. I reminded him he said boy last time, but he said it could be either. He said he wont know for sure until he gets another look in 4 weeks at my next appt. But look at the picture, clearly a boy right? But what is that hole in the pic? Just a crappy ultrasound not getting all the pieces??

pixiestix21

Asked by pixiestix21 at 4:06 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• looks like a boy to me
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• What you're thinking is the penis could very well be the umbilical cord. But then, it could also be a well endowed boy.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 4:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• looking at it again...... im confused lol it could be a boy or it could be the cord so it could be either sex
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Exactly sleepycupcake, that's what I was thinking. So I guess we won't know for sure until 4 weeks. :( Bummer, it's hard waiting. We have two boys so having a girl would be awesome, especially because this is our last baby!
    pixiestix21

Comment by pixiestix21 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Its confusing ! It could be Boy Or the Cord But Hopefully Your Next apt Confirms For Sure :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 4:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• random but we spell our names the same. hard to find someone with it spelt that way
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• The tech told me a girl has three little bones that look like "o o o" on the ultrasound, in the pelvis. LOL. I think you're just going to have to wait =)
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 7:24 PM on May. 10, 2011