How many of these '25 Manners every child should know by 9' does your child know?

and how old are they? 

LINK TO ARTICLE

My DD is 3 and does 9/25 consistantly and DS is 6 and does 18/25 consistantly.  I guess I am on the right track...  They are both working on all of the mentioned ones... except the phone. DD is to little and DS has no intrest in the phone.  Phone converstations make him nervous.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:15 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm 29 and I don't always do all of those things.
    Anonymous

• Where is keeping your hands out of your pants? That should have been on this list for sure.

We teach all of these to our kids. They follow them with varying levels of sucess from one day to the next. It's a work in progress.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• kids are 4 1/2 and 6 and we're more than halfway there. they're really good kids and I hope they're terrific adults
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:18 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My kid does most of these consistantly. Sometimes she forgets about the interrupting thing. Also she doesn't make phone calls.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:38 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree hands out of the pants should be on the list! lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:41 PM on May. 10, 2011

• All of them. I'm a perfect parent.....JUST KIDDING LADIES. My kids know a few they are only 6 and 7, some we work on and some we've never mentioned.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My 6 yr old knows 21 of them consistently, so I guess thats pretty good. My 11 yr old knows them all, as do my teens. Now my teens however seem to break a couple of them for shock value more than anything.

Answer by gemgem at 5:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Most of our kiddos do these pretty consistently. They are 12, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5 and 3. The younger ones don't answer the phone or make calls but I have taught them how to do both.

I think Manner #13: Never use foul language in front of adults. Grown-ups already know all those words, and they find them boring and unpleasant is pretty ludicrous. It is my belief that children and adults should not use foul language at all.

Manner #6: The world is not interested in what you dislike. Keep negative opinions to yourself, or between you and your friends, and out of earshot of adults. I don't like that they encourage children to act differently when they are in the company of adults. Maybe it should just say "Keep negative opinions to yourself'.

There are a LOT more manners that could've been added. Lol...I agree with the hands out of the pants. =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 6:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Dd has 12 of these down. She's 3. I think we're doing pretty good, we just have to keep pushing the rest and more.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:18 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Nice Article! I have four children, they are ages 6,4,2, and 1. This list can help me improve and maintain a polite manner.
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 10:36 AM on May. 12, 2011