Friends

Ever feel like you just need a friend? I do! I don't really have any friends. Someone I can call to vent to, laugh with, hang out with, have play dates with the kids, go out for a girls night...just someone I can count on, knowing they can count on me as well. I'm not very good at meeting new people and I don't really go anywhere in order to meet new people, feeling a bit lonely in the friend department. I am happily married and have wonderful kids, my family is my life, I just miss having a close friend. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

sdks2011

Asked by sdks2011 at 4:22 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Kinda in some way.... but I do have a few really close friends that fall into categories that you've listed.... I just feel like I'm intruding or bothering them in their every day lives with problems.

MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 4:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• WOW! I could have asked this same question. Other than the people in my house, I have no one. And it sucks! Not that I don't love being a SAHM, it was a choice I made, but I didn't think that meant everyone would pretty much desert me.
    KandC1115

Answer by KandC1115 at 4:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, definitely.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• What friend I had I left on the other coast. Long distance friend relationship just don't hold up well. I miss everything you said...phone conversation, luncheons, play dates, shopping trips, laugh with, share a couple of glasses of wine, etc..
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i def have the same issue. but its totally MY fault that i dont have any friends around. i keep people away because of my insecurities. i often have people that i used to be close to try and make plans to meet up or whatever and i'm always making up excuses why i cant. its even gotten to the point where i make actual plans then cancel last minute when my anxiety takes over and i just cant face anyone. im just not in a position right now in my life to be a good friend to anyone.
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 4:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have a friend or two, but none with kids my age, so we don't hang out much. I wish we had friends with kids our kids ages and we could do family oriented things with them. We are homebodies and never get out much. I can sympathize.
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 4:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I'm so sorry happymom8262...that must be very difficult for you. I hope you are able to overcome your insecurities cause everyone deserves to have someone.
    sdks2011

Comment by sdks2011 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• meooma, I feel ya, I moved to SC leaving behind a couple of very close friends and thru the years, we have lost touch...distance can be such an enemy
    sdks2011

Comment by sdks2011 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would love to meet a couple with kids so we could all just hang out. We are homebodies too...no need to go out and party, would much rather just hang out at home w/ friends while the kids play or hang out at our friends house if we had any. Makes for a win win situation for all!
    sdks2011

Comment by sdks2011 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Have you looked on here for a group that is local to you? I joined a couple of groups a few years ago on here that are for my area and it was one of the best decisions I made. In one of the groups, there was a woman who invited me to a playgroup that she had gone to. I went and still go. That lady (and pretty much all of the others that were going when I started) has moved away now, but the group is still going strong. We meet every week and spend hours sitting there talking while the kids play. Maybe you should start a group for your area if there's not one already and then, try to start up a playgroup.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:13 AM on May. 11, 2011