Help head lice in Kindergarten!!!!

Best result's please! What works best? I have two girl's and this is scary!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Health

• I found getting a prescription from my DD doc worked best. I tried Nix and also the store brand but the prescription is what finally did the trick. Also, you can buy Lysol to treat the beds and carpets instead of buying the expensive bed spray they offer...it works just as good. Be sure to put all the stuffed animals in garbage bags and tie them closed, will need to leave them in there for like 10-14 days. All bedding and clothing that they have been in contact with will need to be watched and dried on the hottest possible setting...this will ensure if there are any lice or eggs on them, they will be killed/suffocated. GL...I dealt with lice at the beginning of the school year with my DD...was my first time and I did a lot of research.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Watching "The Doctors" and they JUST covered this (not 5 minutes ago!) They said that a good layer of mayo all over the hair, cover with a shower cap and let it sit for a while, will suffocate the lice. I don't know how long, but I'd say at least a couple of hours. Then comb the dead lice and nits out. Hope that helps!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Using this works. thick jet blk hair 9 yr old. ( this was gotten from a pharmacist)
    LISTERINE- 2HRS, WRAP THE HAIR IN SARAN WRAP OR PLASTIC WRAP (FOR THE 2 HRS)
    WHITE VINEGAR-2HRS, AGAIN WRAPPING HAIR
    WASH HAIR WITH A COCONUT SHAMPOO.
    MAKE SURETO SOAK THE HAIR COMPLETELY!!! (listerine and vinegar of course rinsing between the 2)
    MAKE SURE TO GET THE NIT COMB AND GO THROUGH THE HAIR
    Neighbor's kid got it 3 times back to back, after using this 2 yrs ago... she hasnt had it again.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• OLIVE OIL, COAT THE HAIR IN OLIVE OIL AND WRAP WITH PLASTIC WRAP FOR A FEW HOURS, THEN USE THE NIT COMB TO GET THE NITS OUT. THIS WORKS GREAT.
    nandbsmom

Answer by nandbsmom at 4:52 PM on May. 10, 2011