Do you have your pet rescue service in place in case you go up in the Rapture?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/doomsday-approaches/2011/05/05/AFcZJn7F_story.html

Bart Centre does not believe in heaven, but he’s pretty sure that if there is a heaven, your pet is not going there.

After all, he points out, “All Dogs Go to Heaven” is the name of an animated movie, not a line from the Bible.

The Rapture could leave a lot of dogs and cats looking longingly at their food bowls after their owners have floated off to heaven. That’s where Bart comes in.

In 2009, he launched Eternal Earth-Bound Pets USA. Bart guarantees that if or when the Rapture comes he or one of his 44 contractors in 26 states will drive to your home within 24 hours, collect your dog, cat, bird, rabbit or small caged mammal, and adopt it.

The cost is $135, plus $20 per additional animal. Payable upfront, of course, and good for 10 years. 

He takes PayPal.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:31 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• sidesplittinglaughterSo....the godless heathens take care of your animals? Awww,poor Fluffy or Spot!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I guess they only hire heathens so that they know they'll be around for the pets.

LOL  - great business model. Find a niche & fill it.

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 4:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That's funny, the Bible doesn't say that dogs go to Heaven, but it doesn't really say anything about the rapture either....
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:59 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Omg this is the perfect enterprise for my atheist husband. I am sure good Christians want their animals cared for in the event that they are raptured.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Wow! Godless heathens to the rescue! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I've heard about it before, and think it's absolutely brilliant. I always wondered how many people have signed up for it. The article says he has over 250 clients. At $135 each, that means he's made at least $33,750. LOL!
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 4:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Silly people, Heathens aren't godless. Now where do I sign up?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• HAHAHA ROTFL wow. That's all I have to say :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Now that's a little over the top LOL
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:36 PM on May. 10, 2011