Jenny Craig earns top diet rating by Consumer Reports ~ would you try it?

Consumer Reports’ overall scores of six diets were based on their adherence to nutritional guidelines and the results of published randomized clinical studies. Nutrition was based on an analysis of a week of menus from each book or program, using ESHA Research’s Food Processor software.

The Jenny Craig diet received CR’s top rating largely as a result of a recent 332-person, two-year study of the program published in the Oct. 27, 2010, Journal of the American Medical Association. In the study, 92 percent of participants stuck with the program for two years — a remarkable level of adherence. At the end of that time, participants weighed an average of about 8 percent less than when they started.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health/jenny-craig-diet-earns-top-rating-from-consumer-reports/2011/04/21/AFdgsPdG_story.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:39 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Not unless I can make my own food. But then it would be Weight Watchers (which I love).
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:42 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No, I'd rather do something where I learn how to make behavior changes and change my cooking habits rather than rely on pre-made food. Plus, I can change my foods to my taste, adjust spices, and use local ingredients. Much better!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:41 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No - that food is nasty. The only reason you lose weight is because you can't stand the food.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Nope, no more diets for me. I eat clean and will do so for life. Diets are temporary!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:31 AM on May. 11, 2011

• no, I've tried the food. It is disgusting. I can see how with our fast and processed food culture that it would be an attractive option for some
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:40 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No. I am looking for a long term change. I need something that helps me refocus on how to eat and to make better choices. Eating only pre-packaged meals someone else puts together is not going to work for me long term. It's going to work short-term and then when it's time to cook for myself, I'm up a creek. ;)

I'm focusing on preparing my own meals in a better way - 30 pounds down and counting.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:11 PM on May. 11, 2011