Anyone have Direct TV or Dish Network? Like or dislike and why?

Comcast is robbing me!

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 4:59 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Technology

• They are all expensive after the trial period. I have Direct TV and I like it as well as I liked Comcast. There are lots of package options
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 5:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have Dish network and I have been with them for about 5yrs. I like them the only reason why I won't get Direct TV is because once there is bad weather we usually lose a signal. (stay in a wooded area)
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My bill is 150 for 3 TVS
    and Internet.
    MLM0503

Comment by MLM0503 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It's pointless to try anything with a dish in Chicago- they just don't work here. But everyone tries it once because it is so much cheaper. Here we have RCN. Much cheaper than Comcast. Check out what other local cable providers you might have. AT&T used to have decent service too.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• We get ALL channels, HD, DVR for $124 a month
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:13 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I used to have DISH Network. I loved their service for the most part. I didn't like that I would lose signal if a cloud passed anywhere within what seemed like a 200 mile radius, but other than that...the only other problem I had was when something happened (I don't remember what) and they had to come out and find out what was wrong and fix it - it happened late on a Wed night and they wouldn't come fix it until that Sunday, which was Mother's Day and I'd had plans to be out. And then they charged me like $50, and their tech was incredibly rude and quite disgusting physically - plumber's crack, coughing and spitting phlegm all over my hard, yelled at my dog, rolled his eyes at my kids. Oh, and when I moved and canceled my service, they sent the boxes for the equipment to my old house - 5 times, even though I kept telling them my new address. I won't ever go back to them mainly because of that last one.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have direct tv - its a good service the only annoying thing about their service is that when we have stormy weather the satellite signal goes in and out!! that is really a drag especially when if you are watching a really good movie!!
    mia1alex

Answer by mia1alex at 8:28 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I live in a rural area where you won't get any TV unless you have Dish or Directtv and the most common around here is the Dish because they are just more reliable and easier to deal with. And yes when the weather gets bad Dish never fails like directtv
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:32 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I have dish and love it. They are easy to work with and I hardly ever loose my signal.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:35 AM on May. 21, 2011

• ALL cable companies are criminals, but we can relate to using Comcast and Cox from firsthand experience.  We switched to Dish Network (if you have AT&T phone service in your area, sign up for it through them for a discount!) and LOVED it by comparison.  Better price, better service quality (that's right! better signal than the cable company), better DVR - the works.  You can watch &/or record 4 different channels on 4 different TVs from a single receiver even!  Don't have that option with antiquated cable. winking Still expensive though.  Just just as bad.

Eventually we ditched pay-tv all together.  Now it's just our DVD collection & Netfilx, and we're good to go

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 12:39 AM on May. 21, 2011