Always the best for the baby?

I'm not financially capable right now to always purchase what I think is top of the line for my baby. My mother has always purchased the best stuff for us while we were growing up so I feel very guilty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's all about compromises. Get good (maybe not THE best) diapers and dirt-cheap wipes. Get things that are good and decent that count and the rest of it can be inexpensive or junky and disposable. Kids are going to destroy a lot of things anyway! Lol. So don't feel bad about saving money and not getting the best.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• DON'T feel guilty! My mother gave up whatever we wanted, but emotionally, we had nothing. Love your child, that is what being a mother ia all about! :)
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 5:03 PM on May. 10, 2011

• well it depends on the stuff... some things aren't worth worrying about. Other things are a financial investment for the kiddo and worth your time/concern to find the $$$ for. Babies need attention and love. And you cannot find those in a mall :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:04 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Babies don't really NEED much, so keep that in mind as you provide the very best that you are ABLE to provide. I don't know if you are talking about gear, clothes, food, or what. But if you are talking about anything that isn't absolutely essential to sustain life, then don't sweat it at all!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:04 PM on May. 10, 2011

• babies NEED milk, diapers, a safe bed, a carseat and lots and lots of love! You'll be a great mama!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Your baby needs a car seat and a blanket. You can find great things that are barely used at garage sales, on e bay and craigslist. Save your money and buy used! Don't feel guilty- feel smart:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 5:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You don't always have to buy the top of the line things for your baby. Sometimes the cheapest things do just as good as the top of the line stuff.
    CorkyMamma10

Answer by CorkyMamma10 at 5:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Food & Love is what should be priority #1..
    Toys/ "stuff"/ clothes & stuff like that.. they can EASILY live without, or things can be bought at garage sales, 2nd hand stores or the cheapest brand. Most kids (all ages) have to much materialistic stuff anyways now days..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:33 AM on May. 11, 2011