OB with NO Consultation

Would you feel comfortable choosing an OB without a consultation? I called a doctor and requested one and they said they dont do that, basically I have to go get all my labs and then have my appt at 8wks. If I dont like her then I have to start my search over. Is this normal? I just called another office and they gave me a consultation appt no problem...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't even have a choice with either of my kids. My OB wasn't even the one who delivered my kids and quite often I had a different doctor every time I went in.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If they don't "do that" then all I have to say is, RUN.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Do yourself a favor and consult with more than one person before you make your choice. Consult with an OB, a midwife, and a family practitioner that delivers babies. Ask them all the same questions. THEN make your decision.

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:41 PM on May. 10, 2011

• idk i rather do it myself
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 7:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• When i first found out i was pregnant i was told to interview different doctors and finally ended up going to midwives who were connected with one of the major hospitals in my town i had seen them for other medical reasons and liked that not only were they very easy to talk to but there were five in the office and i met with them all and became comfortable with each one even though i ended up with an emergency c-section and they could have just washed there hands of me they came in and held my hand after my husband took the baby to the NICU and checked up on the two of us hope you find someone great like this and don't be afraid to ask a million questions till you find the perfect person to look after you and your baby
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 11:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It's normal with doctors. With a midwife you interveiw her first and decide if you like, wayyy more comfortable prenatal,birth, and postnatal with a MW, HBMW :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 11:24 PM on May. 10, 2011