Has anyone taken the depo shot for birth control?

I have taken one depo shot and my husband and I are going to try for #2. How long did it take everyone before they started there regular periods and how long did it take to conceive?

proudmommy717

Asked by proudmommy717 at 5:13 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It took me exactly one year after my last shot to get my period back (mine went away completely) and another 4 months of trying to get pregnant after that.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i took the depo for 3 shots. but then my husband left for deployment so i wasnt on it anymore. when he got back 7 months later in january. then we were in diff satates for a while and i was preg in nov. so mine was a year but we wernt togehter so i cant give you a real time line sorry. if you only had one shot though i would assume it shouldnt take more than a few months as long as there are no other issues
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 5:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I took the depo shot after i had DD it took me 5 months to get pregnant with DS. Started back in Nov 2010 and got off in January now ttc.
    shona200

Answer by shona200 at 6:04 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I never started my period - I got pregnant right away, before it could come back.
    Anonymous