Pregnancy test directions say to use in the morning b/c hormone levels are built up. But if you're really pregnant wouldn't it show positive no matter what time of day it's done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Using first morning urine is good for very early tests, when the concentration is still low.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:20 PM on May. 10, 2011

• no, that's why women get false negatives
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes but if its too early then it wont show.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 5:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It will. Especially the further along you get. It did with my first. I tested early evening, right after work. However, if you're testing early, like say, before your missed period or a few days after, it's better to test first thing because later on in the day, the hormone levels aren't as strong. With my second, I tested the day after I missed my period, in the afternoon, and it came back negative because my hormone levels weren't high enough in the afternoons yet. So, I took the second test first thing in the morning, and sure enough, it was clear as day.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i tested at 3 am my DH and i just couldn't wait lol and got a positive then went in the next day for a pregnancy test and am 15 weeks along but when i tested i was only 5 weeks 5 days
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 11:05 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I waited until this morning and it's positive! Thanks, ladies...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:15 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Just roll with it. There's a reason the directions ask you to do it that way. But if it's first thing in the morning the concentration is higher. It's been sitting in the urinary system all night with no water or other fluids diluting it down. And congrats.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:38 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Congratulations!!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:00 PM on May. 11, 2011