Natural Cleaners VS Chemical Cleaners, which do you use/prefer?

For those who use Natural Cleaners or make their own, do they clean well and save you money? Why do you use these as opposed to things like Lysol, Clorox, Tilex, Windex, etc?

For those who use the Chemical Cleaners (Lysol, Clorox, etc), why do you prefer these over natural products from the store or homemade products?

Silvia1011

Asked by Silvia1011 at 5:28 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I prefer the chemical stuff ( i know- bad, bad!) because i know bleach kills so many lysol and similar products kill bacteria and viruses that say, vinegar might not. It gives me pace of mine knowing that the surface that i seasoned chicken on last night is now clean enough to prepare a baby bottle, for example.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 5:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Chemical....I know that is terrible but I just havent found a natural product that cleans as well as good ol bleach lol....if someone points out a natural cleaner that does all of the magical, wonderful thing bleach does then I'll switch but until then....I'm bleaching it up lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I prefer the chemical stuff because I just feel like it is cleaner. I have never felt the same sense of "clean" from homemade cleaners, and I have tried them.

Answer by gemgem at 5:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That's my problem... I love bleach and Lysol b/c I feel they disinfect the best! For my floors, I'm trying to just do vinegar and water since my baby is all over the floor. I can't think of anything that will really sanitize the toilets better than bleach/lysol. I dunno..
    Silvia1011

Comment by Silvia1011 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I mostly prefer natural.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I make my own- I think it does save money-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have tried to use homemade stuff and there are some things that do work well but other things I just am not a fan of. Sometimes I just need my bleach.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I use chemical things. I just trust lysol and clorox to take away germs and stuff like that.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I hate to admit it but i would just rather use the store bought stuff:(
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I make my own and, yes, I do save a lot of money. Mostly I use white vinegar because it disinfects just as well as bleach, plus I'll use baking soda, lemon juice and/or TTO depending on my cleaning needs. So many people are brainwashed into believing that they have to use the chemicals to have a clean home, but it is simply not true. What is true is that the companies marketing all of those chemicals are making a lot of money off of people's fears.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:40 PM on May. 10, 2011