Potty training my almost 3 1/2 year old son. Any advice/tips to share?

He can dress himself and frequently changes his clothing now. Has both a little potty and the toilet to use. He has a potty chart where he gets
a sticker when he goes on the potty. Today I got him m&m's (he lovess them) and told him those would be his rewards if he used the potty. He used it many times on his own today and did not want to put his diaper back on..asked for his "Thomas train" undies. He has chronic constipation though, so i know bowel movements will be a problem. Does anyone use the padded undies? and if so where to purchase those.....Thanks for all yr tips, ladies!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Can you have him sit on the potty after dinner, so he is used to the routine of "that" being his set time? Get him a catalog from hasbro (ooh fun!) or let him take his transformers onto the potty while his bathtub water runs.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You can buy the padded undes in the baby isle at Walmart.They come in a pack of three.They are under $5 for the three.I let my son at 2 1/2 pick out his own undies and that worked for hi. He felt like a big boy!
    sherina937

Answer by sherina937 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2008