Has your mother's sense of style influenced the way you dress?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:31 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Hellllll no. If my mother's sense of style influenced the way I dressed, I'd be dressing in baggy t-shirts with cats on them and sweatpants.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• MY mother's sense of style? That sentence is completely nonsensical.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:05 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Apparently..in NOT a good way though lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Most definitley. My mom was the it girl of the eighties, lol. Shoulder pads, eye shadow, she was always making a statement and being complimented on her look. Ive taken some of her style and attitude and employed in my own wardrobe and it works for me. I like to think i have adopted my mom's sense of cool.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 5:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, I watched how she dressed and promised myself to never wear the "house dress" with the buttons up the front... there are so many fashion don'ts that my Mother does lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No, probably not. We are pretty different when it comes to style. Personally her's is a little odd to me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes. She lives with us now, and she and I are pretty much the same size, so we exchange clothes quite often.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• LOL, zoejains momma, I totally didn't see that side of the question. I guess in that case, my mother's sense of style DID influence the way I dress. It influenced me to NEVER dress like her!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• my moms style never effected me, i still dressed the way i wanted to.
    LaurenC.

Answer by LaurenC. at 5:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

• well- I always thought she dressed like an old woman and I was not fond of anything she ever wore to be honest...so, I guess so to a point! I don't want to wear polyester pants with the beaded seam things down the front of the legs and tops that have giant flower prints on them...ugly, and boring...ICK

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:54 PM on May. 10, 2011