Mother's with teen daughters

Do you consider her your best friend or just your child?

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 5:32 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughter is 17, and she is the closest thing I have to a best friend! We enjoy a LOT of the same music, we love to watch movies and tv shows together, we love to go to concerts, we talk a lot about all kinds of stuff. We have our moments, but we have a really good relationship and I am happy for it :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I'm her mother when I need to be, but I'm also her friend. She's only 15 so I haven't ran into too many situations where I had to choose.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• She's my daughter. Just because she's a teenager doesn't mean I need to share everything with her like you would a best friend. There are somethings that children should never know about their parents. My best friend is my husband.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My oldest dd is 21 now, almost 22. When she was a teenager she and I butted heads alot so even though I wanted to be her "friend" I had to be her mom more. In her early teen years we were still friends, but it changed at around 15-16 yrs old. By the time she got to 19, closer to 20, she and I became best friends again. Shes a mom herself now and understands why I had to be more of a strict mom in her teen years then a cool mom.

Answer by gemgem at 5:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Daughter.

Answer by louise2 at 5:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• When they where teens I treated them like my teen daughters. They still need a mother.

Answer by louise2 at 5:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I think it would be VERY odd to consider your teenage daughter your best friend.
    Anonymous

• One is a daughter that some times needs her mom. The other is trying to prove to me she doesn't need me as her mother. I guess that makes her a daughter that is unhappy with her mom.
    Alexis124

Answer by Alexis124 at 9:20 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I always wanted my mom to be more like a 'friend'. Now that I am an adult, I am happy that she was my 'Mom' and now I am able to build on more of a friendship with her.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:52 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I am and always will be, first and foremost, Mom!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:16 AM on May. 11, 2011