Is it dangerous...

To be sick going into labor? I am 38w, been in labor once and they stopped it and could go into labor at any time and all my family have been sick with either the flu or strep and I have spent a lot of time with them over the holiday. I feel really icky today with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I have a doctors appointment today but I was just wondering if any of you were sick going into labor or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's not so good to have the flu pregnant, period. So def. check with the doctor, but i don't htink it's that big of a deal being in labor. They wouldn't let your sick family in though.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't want to scare you but.........

i was sick when i was in labor.I had a fever and was dehydrated and a cold.
    My dd was sick when she was born with a 102 fever and what on the lungs because she swallowed amoniotic fluid and she was dehydrated also.
    After a few days on antibotics and some nursing she got better.Things are great now.
    Good luck momma!
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 2:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• WELL IT MAY NOT COMPLICATE THE LABOR ITSELF BUT YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE BABY UNTIL YOU ARE WELL.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If you've been exposed to strepp, let your dr know, bc you can catch a strain of Strepp type B "down there" and infect the baby. They usually do a swab for it around 38 wks, so ask about it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008