What do i do about trying to get pregnant?

ive been trying to get pregnant for two months now but nothings going my way,i dont know were to start its been two and a half years and i lost my touch.

tinkerbabe1

Asked by tinkerbabe1 at 5:46 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• two months of trying isn't really that long in the grand scheme. Half the fun in getting pregnant is in the trying :)

You can always consult a fertility specialist if you feel you need intervention, but I bet they'll tell you it's too soon to worry about that.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Relax. Remember that every other or every 3rd day is perfect for trying since sperm has to build back up. Try taking something like Mucinex because it helps thin mucus including your vaginal mucus. Lay with your feet elevated for 30 minutes after you've had sex. Take your temp. every day to see if you spike when you ovulate and if you do, you can track your ovulation the cheap way.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• F**k like rabbits! lol JK.

Seriously though, you've only been trying for two months, give it time. I tried for three years with each kid before I got pregnant. So don't get discouraged if you're not pregnant right away cause it will eventually happen on its own. You can't rush life.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Be patient. After a year 90 percent of couples will have conceived.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would first figure out when you are ovulating. It really helps to know when you are ovulating ( or to make sure you are ovulating) so that you can focus your efforts at the right time (my DH does not want to BD every other day the whole month long. He has a demanding physical job) One great site it Fertilityfriend.com. They teach you all about charting, etc. I just started last month.. taking my temperature, using OPK's, etc. I am a person who wants as much information as possible so it is enlightening!
    mlkuil

Answer by mlkuil at 4:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

•  

Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 2:56 AM on May. 15, 2011