Do You Shop At Farmers Markets?

I do every week and cannot wait for the summer fruit? Do you have one in your area? Some new ones popped up but not as good as the original one I started with and still going to.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 5:47 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• I love Farmer's Markets.................I have to watch it though, I will buy too much sometimes.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:45 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes, sometimes there is produce I can't find at the supermaket (such as golden beets).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, but not often enough. I love looking at all the fresh food. It inspires me to eat healthy!
    Lola.Bee

Answer by Lola.Bee at 7:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• The past two Fridays my mom and I have driven little over an hour away to go to a great farmer's market. I love it, just wish it were a lot closer, then I would shop probably twice a week.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:18 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We grow most of our own food, but when I do have the opportunity, I ALWAYS prefer Farmer's Market to the grocery store. Eat LOCAL, think GLOBAL is my motto :)
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 10:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Tasches,

I know such as sugar Cain I did not think that would grow on the main land.
    sweet11-12

Comment by sweet11-12 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Farmers Markets around here aren't very big - nothing to take your time shopping at - they're all 5 minutes, in out done. But yes, there is one that I LOVE and try to go to once a week or so in the summer. Because of where we are, they don't have a huge array of stuff, definitley not much for fruit, but I do love getting what I can, to supplement what I grow in my own garden.
    Anonymous

• Yes!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 10:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Organic and fresh , cant pass that up,. The local Super market is getting hurt by it so much they put out a BIG banner that says, there produce is from local farmers, they still wax the cucumbers. Sorry no sale. Bought Cherries last week.
    sweet11-12

Comment by sweet11-12 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on May. 12, 2011