Would you help this family out?

There was a tiny article in our local paper yesterday.

Basically it was about a family with five children. The dad is a part time student at the community college and the mom works part time with a temp agency. There was no other info given and the paper was asking for donations to their needy family.

Uh NO! I am not sending any help their way. Would you?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• i wouldnt because it didnt give why they were needy
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No if someone wants to give to the needy here I am. I really am poor according to the other post asking what poor meant. People described my lifestyle as being poor.
    Anonymous

• same here anon but i try to do my best to get my kids everything they need and i go without til i can afford it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• no i wouldnt help them why do they need help i have less then they do and im not looking for a handout
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I wouldn't either unless they had lost their home in a fire or something like that...I mean seriously, 5 kids?? The whole entire reason my husband and I only have 1 child is because we can only afford 1 child right now. I would love to have another child someday, but right now we are just getting by. We can't be extravigant and we go without so our son can have what he needs and we do just fine. We can pay our bills and we have no credit cards because we don't need them. If we don't have the money up front for something, we don't buy it. Stop having kids if you can't frigging afford them. Get on damn birth control!!!
    Anonymous

• yes i would help them maybe they just dont have enough food for there family or cant buy there litle ones anything for chirstmas. isnt this holiday about helping others and giving? not recieving and being greaty so yes if i could help them i would.
    Anonymous

• OMG are you people for real? Everyone needs alittle help sometimes obviously they are doing the best they can dad is furthering his education mom is trying good lord. Its amazing just remember some day you might need help and there will be people out there who say the same thing about you. people need help regardless of how many kids they have if they had one kid would you help?
    Anonymous

• Yes I would help them out, because it sounds like at least they are trying to make their lives better. At least their not just sitting on their butts asking for handout and not doing anything to help better their lives. So if helping him/her out with some gift and food means that he can stay in school and in the end have a better paying job, then I say yes.
    shoegal

Answer by shoegal at 1:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If i had a way i could! But since i am low income i am not able to do that!
    babyboomer1957

Answer by babyboomer1957 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Um, yea, I'd like to make a point to the bitchy comments about birth control. The first time I got pregnant I was on BC-USING IT 100% correctly and we used a condom as well. SOMETIMES shit happens. That is also how 3 of my family members got here, as well as quite a few of my friends kids. So, piss off. Sometimes even when you don't mean for it to, along comes a baby. And did you ever think that there might be such a thing as twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc??? WOW-stop being so ignorant and self-righteous. And, yea, I'll leave my name where everyone can see it instead of hiding my PMS behind that damn anonymous tag.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 2:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008