Baby food...

I wanted to know if it was ok to use two or more different brands of baby food or should you stick with just one? I have found different combinations from different brands i'd like to expose my daughter to when introducing solids and was just wondering...

madelyns_mom08

Asked by madelyns_mom08 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they saw have your baby on just one kind for a week that way you can see if the baby is allergic to it i didnt tho i tryed like 2 or 3 on mine the same week
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I used three different kinds when my kids were young. I don't really think that it will make a difference- just make sure you start with stage 1, wait 3 days between new foods in case of allergies, and then start with the combination ones once you no there is no reaction to any of the stage 1 foods. Happy feeding. :)
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• they all have the same ingredients so its fine to use different brands. its also really cheap and easy to make your own.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We didn't use any processed baby food and used fresh foods from different locations/brands.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Tony eats Gerber and Beech Nut. Beech Nut has soooo many more different selections so I get that when I'm at Price Chopper. But if I don't feel like going too far, I go to the store down the street from me and all they have is Gerber so I get that when I'm there. Its more of the type of food rather than the brand. So far, Tony has been on different brands and is doing fine.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You can use whatever brands you want and as many as you want- its the proceess of gradually introducing foods to your baby that is really important.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008