what to do,what to think?

i have a bf and a kid not the best relationship though.i found a ex on myspace and we been talking on yahoo.we dated yrs ago and we met online it was kinda long distance thing we did get engaged but maybe it was the fact of being young and stupid.anyway i talk to him online today and he says to me "marry me" and im like its not that easy i have someone and a kid i cant just up and do something.he told me he is sorry for the past and loves me and wants me.i dont know what to think.some of the feelings are coming back doesnt mean it means anything i dont know.my boyfriend and i are 10yrs apart in age i knew him almost 2wks had sex got prego i havent heard i love u in 3yrs been together 4yrs and i want to get married i doubt we will but i have never got myself to leave.anyone been through anything like this any advice? i just dont know what to think and what all to say or do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like the relationship you are in is not the one for you and you should be happy (at least most of the time) with you are with. If you want to leave the relationship by all means do so and take some time for yourself and your child. Do not leave for another person because the grass is not always greener on the other side if that is your only reason for leaving. If this old love is meant to be with you then it will happen even if he has to wait awhile for you to get on your own two feet. Good luck.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree....I wouldn't leave for another person. But by all means if you want to leave GO. Don't stay for any reason other than your own happiness! If you do want to get back with the ex...just give it time. get to re-know eachother and be sure before you do that to your child! It confuses kids. Good luck girl! Why is it you are wanting to stay in your current relationship anyways????
    Anonymous

• i guess i want to stay mostly for my kid and im not 100% unhappy or miserable.and im used to not getting treating right.i guess also due to fear starting over and all that.i have no job no car so i would have to stay with someone.im not sure that ex is mr right but its flattering.im just confused dont know what all i should tell the ex i still want to talk to him.i have no bad feelings just unanswered questions and we have both wondered what if.
    Anonymous

• i hate being alone and i fear dating with a child i have never found a boyfriend on my own.i am a little afraid i would leave and jump into another relationship
    Anonymous

• it sounds like you know this ex is not mr right but neither is the man your with. so the choice is easy to pick but not easy to do. i would leave and not get involved with either one. you could end up the same with the ex in this current marriage of yours. i would never say to divorce here if you were married but since your not then i can say leave.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• in not saying 4 sure the ex isnt mr right he might be but i dont know that right now
    Anonymous

• Tell bf what you want out of the relationship. It's never too late to renegotiate and see what each other wants out of it. If you goals have changed then it's time to move on to what you know you want. Give the bf a chance to save what he has. he might just feel secure in what he thinks he has. He needs a wake up call to know someone else wants what he has and if he doesn't appreciate you and give you what you want and need then someone else will. Just talk with him and tell him you are not happy and thinking of moving on. I would NOT tell him there is someone else.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well funny thing last christmas eve he wanted to split up but we didnt.and i am a stay at home mom and he makes slures like well when u get a job maybe u will find someone else
    Anonymous

• I skipped over all of the other answers and I'm just going to say.... it's easy to get along with someone online because they can tell you what you want to hear etc. In person it's not so easy. Don't leave and jump right in with the other man. Date, get to know each other in person... your child may not like him, he may not like the child etc...you may not like each other. Don't leave for the other man, leave because you want to or later when your child asks why you split with Dad you'll either have to lie or feel guilt.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i wont have to lie or feel gulit.and im not sure i would jump into a relationship with the other guy.i know we can get along i know we need get to know eachother again and more i know that.
    Anonymous