Laundry question

I have started hanging my clothes out to dry to help on the utililty bill. I am using vinegar for fabric softener, what else can I add to keep from my laundry being so stiff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• liquid downey
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• vinegar??? doesnt that make the clothes smell?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Well for towels and jeans, I always put them in the dryer for about 15 minutes with Bounce,, they go back to nice and soft,, I agree with pp who said vinegar? I have never heard of that!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:05 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Hang them in the morning so that they dry slower =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:05 PM on May. 10, 2011

• When vinegar dries there is no smell. Watch how much soap use...If you are using to much then your close will have a bit of crunch to them as well from not getting all the soap rinsed out. What I do if there is still a bit of a crunch after using vinegar rinse and watching my soap use: is throw them in the dryer for about 5-10 minutes with dryer sheet to soften them up.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:19 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have no answer for YOU but I had no idea about the vinegar so thanks for that. ;)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I usually get them basically dry and then throw them in the dryer for 10 minutes with a fabric softener sheet. It usually works great.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I had also never heard of the vinegar.I hang mine in the basement and they dont get stiff.I think if you use liquid fabric softener in the wash it would help alot.
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Using different stuff isn't going to make a difference, how much soap you use won't make a difference. What you need to do is throw them in the dryer for just a few minutes after taking them off the line, just to fluff them up.
    Anonymous

• Less soap. That does the trick for us. Or run the jeans, towels one extra small cycle
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:31 PM on May. 10, 2011