I'm 38 weeks pregnant, and have been having muscle pain in my vagina. Is this normal?

I've been having those sharp pains that everyone gets that shoot down to their vagina, but recently I have this other pain too. It hurts to walk or flip sides when I'm laying down. It honestly feels like the muscles inside my vagina. I originally weighed 110 lbs before I got pregnant, and now I'm 152. I've been having severe back pain, low abdominal cramps, shooting pain to my vag, and now this muscle vag. pain. My doctor goes out of town the 16-22nd and I'm already 38 weeks. How likely would it be that he would induce me? I can barely walk anymore and I didn't sleep like all night last night. I was at the hospital on Friday and they said that I'm having a ton of contractions but they are irregular, and I am 50% effaced. I just wanted to get everyone's opinions. Thanks :)

amandaplz49

Asked by amandaplz49 at 5:55 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• NORMAL! If there is not a serious medical problem, your doctor should NOT want to induce you.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 5:59 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes! Had it all the f-ing time while I was pregnant.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:59 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Normal...I've had it since I was 24 weeks pregnant...I'm 34 weeks now and I can't wait for it to be over
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yep, totally normal. Your cervix is tender, and you are probably feeling your round ligament giving way. Hang in there! Not much longer.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• normal body preparing for birth
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 7:21 PM on May. 10, 2011