Is there anything that has similar symptoms to pregnancy, but isn't pregnancy?

This isn't a silly "am I pregnant?" question. I just want to know if anyone knows of something BESIDES pregnancy that could exhibit all the symptoms, minus the baby part. I've tried looking around online, but I haven't found much. I'm talking to my doctor next week, but I want to go in prepared because she's always rushing me out of her office. TIA!

nemiller

Asked by nemiller at 1:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Health

• Actually...thyroid disorders can simulate pregnancy symptoms. When I found out mine was out of whack...I had all my usual pregnancy symptoms and had taken 3 negative tests. So...have your doc check.

And learning your ovulation pattern will come in very handy. By the way, if your period just ended 10 days ago...now is NOT the time to have sex if you do NOT want to conceive...lol.
    Anonymous

• Ovulation or your menstrual
    Anonymous

• I suppose your period or menopause could be two culprits.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Hmmmm....are you trying to conceive? No, I'm not gonna say UR pregnant but sometimes if people are TTC, you can almost trick your body into having those symptoms and feel everything because you want it so badly. Does that make sense? I know it happens to a lot of women, the mind is a powerful thing. lol

But honestly besides that....I have no clue. GL though!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• based on the answers, i should add that i just finished my period about 10 days ago, i don't know my ovulation cycle, and we're not TTC. i so badly don't want to be pregnant at the moment that i'm trying to convince myself i've developed a new food allergy and THAT'S what's making me feel crappy.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 1:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• if you really don't want to get pregnant then you need to know your ovulaton cycle! if that sounds mean or btchy i don't mean it that way.

for me, i always track my cycle, that way when i want to get pregnant i know when to have sex and when i DONT want to get pregnant i know when to NOT have sex. it really does work both ways.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• lol... i've been learning how to track my cycle. if i'm not pregnant, i know it will be important to know when i'm ovulating so we can plan better.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 2:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008