Potty training my almost 3 1/2 year old son. Any advice/tips to share?

He can dress himself and frequently changes his clothing now. Has both a little potty and the toilet to use. He has a potty chart where he gets
a sticker when he goes on the potty. Today I got him m&m's (he lovess them) and told him those would be his rewards if he used the potty. He used it many times on his own today and did not want to put his diaper back on..asked for his "Thomas train" undies. He has chronic constipation though, so i know bowel movements will be a problem. Does anyone use the padded undies? and if so where to purchase those.....Thanks for all yr tips, ladies!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son is 3 1/2 too. He does good when he's in his big boy underwear, so I try to put him in that as soon as we get home from daycare. I do put a pull up on at night though, most of the time he's wet when he wakes up. We did the potty cart for a while, but have slacked off lately. We tell him that when he goes to the potty all the time he can get a fish for his fish tank. My daycare lady has recommened the padded undies for us. I think she called them Goodnights. They can be found in the diapers section at the store. They come in underwear and boxers.
    Leslie03

Answer by Leslie03 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2008