How Did You Handle Bullies As a Kid and Now As Adults

I once as a kid put an end to one such brat by pushing him in a rose bush, he never bothered me again. As an adult I avoid such types and learned that what they do is rooted in insecurity and an attempt to get others to notice them, so ignore works wonders. As a teacher I just put the loud clicks of kids in with the quiet ones and put and end to their plans.

One kid did not give up so I kick him out of class, very disruptive, the entire class clapped as he was escorted out. The other incident in my class two boys hitting each other, I got the usual he started it story, my response I do not care, you both end it by apologizing or you both get to leave the class. Both hated me, in the end I was respected for not letting them get away with starting or escalating the fight.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 6:23 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had a boy in my class that bullied. I sat him next to a quiet girl. It was interesting to see them interact during class. She would tell HIM what to do n most of the time, he listened! Lol!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:25 PM on May. 10, 2011