Is it safe to take hot showers while pregnant?

could the hot water burn the baby?

LaurenC.

Asked by LaurenC. at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Health

• Hmm .. i think its ok I take hot showers All the time
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes it is n no u won't burn the baby. U cant get in a jacuzzi. Thats like boiling an egg.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• thats one question i had rackin my brain for weeks.
    LaurenC.

Comment by LaurenC. (original poster) at 6:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• you cant get in the water if its over 98.6 degrees.. such as hot tubs ... showers are okay your not sitting there soaking in a shower lol
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• haha makes sense
    LaurenC.

Comment by LaurenC. (original poster) at 6:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I take hat baths. I have since my first and this is my third. They are fine. I cannot take a cool bath it has to be a hot bath even in the summer time.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• it is okay. If you start to feel that you are to warm, then step out for a moment. Just dont consume your whole body in hot water like a hot bath, or hot tub etc, for more than 10 min. :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i get in the hot tub all the time and im pregnant. my doctor says its fine unless i start feeling too hot
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You're not supposed to raise your body heat to abnormally high levels. Take a short VERY hot shower or jump in and out of a VERY hot tub to keep your temp from getting to high. Use common sense, and you'll be fine.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Hot showers and hot baths are fine because you're usually not in the shower for very long and hot bath water cools down the longer it sits. Hot tubs are bad because the water stays hot.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:24 PM on May. 10, 2011