I have read that Evening Primrose Oil helps with trying 2 concieve so i started taking it 2day along with my prenatal vitamin with lots of water. how do u guys feel about this??

trying85

Asked by trying85 at 6:30 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I am unaware of the primrose oil but if you think it can be beneficial...go for it. Make sure Dad is taking vitamin supplements and is not drinking around your ovulation time as well. He's a great benefactor to this process, he also has to be clean and ready to go.
    mcchris4

Answer by mcchris4 at 7:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It made my hormones go out of whack like PMS times a 1000 lol my poor husband. When I stopped taking them I went back to normal.
    Instead I went with prenatal vitamins and folic acid, it took seven months but now I am 19 weeks pregnant. (and my pregnant hormones are not nearly as bad as they were with the primrose)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:44 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It depends what problems you have right now. Evening Primrose Oil is usually used to help your cervicul Mucus so that the Sperm have an easier time getting to the egg. This cycle I used Robitussin instead... which is supposed to do the same thing. I am in the two week wait right now after Ovulation so I don't know if it worked or not. You should be taking Prenatal vitamins with Folic Acid every day but the Evening Primrose Oil you should stop after ovulation.
    mlkuil

Answer by mlkuil at 3:52 PM on May. 11, 2011