Need ideas for my daughters 5th birthday party.

jwilke75

Asked by jwilke75 at 6:32 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hello kitty. It's the "in" thing now
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Go to partycity.com they have tons of kits for just about anything you can imagine. I would start there to get ideas of what she might like. Then choose a venue. We usually do our parties at the roller rink, family entertainment centers, bowling alleys, parks and things like that.

Answer by gemgem at 6:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Looking for a place to have it.
    jwilke75

Comment by jwilke75 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• are you purposely wanting to surprise her?

my daughter will be 5 on May 30th and I know her - she would rather help plan than be surprised. Her requests are pretty standard thankfully.... build a bear workshop and chuck e cheese. There's a few surprises of course including her big gift of a very impressive doll house. She prefers 1 fancy gift instead of many smaller/cheaper ones. Ask her what is on her mind!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• We had our dd last party at a farm. She just turned 7. The kids had a blast with the animals, hay rides, and pony rides. And they ran until they could run no more!!! We were lucky there was one an hour from us, but I understand that it will not work for everyone.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• cupcake party would be fun for that age. All the kids could decorate their own cupcake and their favors could be an apron with their name on it. Apron are pretty cheap to make. If you can't do it you can have someone else whip them out in about 10 mins. Just pick a fun fabric and a thick pretty ribbon. Cut the fabric into large squares, cut the ribbon big enough to go around a child and be tied. Sew the ribbon onto the fabric across the top. You may want to hem the bottom. But that can be done with some hem tape. Easy peasey.

Hibbingmom- That is my DS birthday too. He will be 2!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 6:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Pool party, roller skating rink, pottery painting, local park, children's museum, bowling alley.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:11 PM on May. 10, 2011

• crafts geared towards girls (kaboose,com), games like musical chairs, bean bag toss, face painting, popcorn and cotton candy. Good place to get stuff for crafts and party stuff for cheap is OrientalTrading.com

Good luck and have fun! :o)
    MaMas06

Answer by MaMas06 at 7:25 PM on May. 12, 2011