What do you think about mail order brides?

I honestly didnt know this was still a real thing until recently lol

What are your thoughts on mail order brides and the men that order them?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 6:35 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It is NOT slavery. Do people abuse it? Yes. But the majority of those women are chomping at the bit to get into this country. They are ready to marry. Have you ever heard of International Affair? They have an entire program for men looking to find a wife in another country. In fact, the wife of the CEO is his right hand lady! She encourages it, and is truly happy in her choice. They actually set up trips to go to socials in the Ukraine so that they can meet eachother. They showcased a few women who were very pleased with their new marriage. One guy seemed very sweet and supportive. What ever his wife wanted to do, he helped her to make it happen. I personally don't see it my business as to how others look for a spouse. It really does work for some people. People look for spouses on the internet all the time. You are still taking the risk it could go bad whether you met them at a bar, at work, on the computer, or over seas.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Are you watching Dr. Phil?
    I think its strange. i think these guys are looking for women who are hard up so they'll basically be his slave

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:38 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree that it is similar to slavery. I feel sorry for the women, many of them desperate to get a new better life only to come here to some desperate sick man that couldn't charm someone into marrying him so he has to order someone. It kind of reminds me of human trafficking.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:41 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have mixed feelings about them, my uncle used one to find his wife (my aunt) and she was very mean to him and his family. My uncle does not believe in divorce and stuck it out till she passed of cancer in 2009. She was anything but a slave she was more of a hoarder.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 6:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i watched something about this and the guy was like she wants to do what I say and she will be a good wife because she is not spoiled like American women. She told one of the producers he was hitting her. They helped her get away from him and he was mad at them for freeing his wife
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Don't feel sorry for these women. My friend who I haven't seen in years told me that she was a mail order bride. She is from Russia, she had a son from a previous relationship back in Russia. The American man (her now husband) took both her and her son to live in his house. The couple had a girl and both seem to very happy. She is the one who wears the pants in the family. She said that part of the MOB (mail order bride) process was for her future husband to meet her family in Russia. Every thing formal. She used to say that American men complaint about American women being sluts. This kind of business is booming. Clients are successful men with fame and fortune but bad luck when it comes to finding a spouse.
    Anonymous

• whats a mail order bride
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I am creeped out by them. I know there's been some long lasting happy marriages from them but IMHO they're freaking and embarrassing
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:41 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Spooky predators. That what I think about when I hear mail order brides. The men who go for this. "yeah I'd like a bride n some fries n a coke!"?? Wth?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• have a nice day whatever floats thier boat,LOL

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:15 PM on May. 10, 2011