So ashamed.

My ex of 5 years tried to connect with me on facebook a couple of weeks ago and I ignored him completely. I have been married for 1 1/2 years now to a wonderful man.

Well I don't know how my ex got my number but he started texting me. I told him to leave me alone and he sent me a picture of a picture and it was a picture of me. I was 18 in the picture and I gave him a sexy pic of me in some lingerie.

I hadn't changed much since the pic was taken and he called me and said that he was going to tell my husband that I sent this pic to him. Well he did and my husband hit the roof. I tried to explain to him that it was a long time ago and he means nothing to me now and he was so mad that he stormed out of the house. He said he needed time to think this over.

I got a call from my cousin who is a police officer and he said my husband was in jail for beating up my ex. I feel so ashamed of the whole thing. The whole town is talking and my husband stands by what he did and he said that he had to beat the truth out of him. He believes me that I don't love my ex but the whole thing is so embarrassing.

How can I show my face in this community again? I already got a restraining order on my ex but me and hubby are still rocky. How do we get over this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• props to your husband for beating up the ex! lol
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• ask him "are you really going to let my ass of an ex boyfriend come in between us. because thats what he is trying to do & so far it's working"

and show him the texts that he sent that say that so he knows your not lying....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Wow your ex is a grade A douche....I don't really have any advice...you just have to give your husband time...it was probably also very embarrassing for him to be confronted with pictures that you sent someone else..no matter how much time had elapsed...I know my husband would have been pretty upset as well....as far as your community goes, just remember you didnt do anything wrong. Hold your head up high...if you LOOK guilty people are going to assume your guilty...just know that every one of those people have their own dirty laundry that they are just fortunate enough not to have aired yet. Don't worry about them other people, just concentrate on your husband. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• wow. im sorry that this happened to you, but the important thing to remeber is that other peoples opinions only hold as much weight as you want them too. Try to move on with your life, and deal with your situation. If people want to look down their noses at you, that is their problem.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 6:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Sorry to hear this. It was most inappropriate of your husband no matter how he felt. It will all pass in time. Keep your explanations short and simple that it was a situation that got out of hand. I hope the consequences are not too severe.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• whole town knows huh, yet anony post...... sweet.
    Sounds all crazy to me. How'd the ex get hubby's cell # to call him???
    Should have told hubby that the ex (and showed him) that the ex tried to contact you on FB.
    that way hubby wouldn't have thought about believing the ex. (unless you still have the teddy you were wearing in the pic) then that wouldn't look right either. (sorry you are going through this) HOPEFULLY SOON hubby will be able to let up with being so mad.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Wow, sounds like something my husband would do, can't say I really blame him, that would piss anyone off! You didn't do anything wrong, so you hold your head high. Doesn't seem like it now but this will all blow over, just give your hubby some time to think about things, he loves you and he's hurt but I think he will see it for what it is! As for the Community, like I said it will blow over just go about your everyday routine, I'll bet a lot of them would do the same thing if they we're in that position!  I'll bet your ex learned a very hard lesson!  Hang in there!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh wow!! Lol! I missed that episode! Lmao!!
    Seriously, ur husband has balls! He believes u just needs time to recuperate.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Isn't there a way to prove in phone records that you did NOT send the pic? That's the angle I'd go for and then I'd tell my husband he is behaving as badly as your ex for beating someone up over this. Seriously, I think that's crazy. Don't give your husband an inch with this since it wasn't your fault and tell him to move on and that your ex is a damn fool. Never communicate again with the ex, obviously. Tell your dh you're sorry this unraveled the way it did and you had nothing to do with. Then be DONE with the issue forever. As for the community, your dh brought about this embarrassing moment by fighting and landing in jail. That is on him. Sorry, I know you love him, but he reacted very childishly.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You need to realize that you did nothing wrong, so the opinions of those in the community mean nothing, unless you let them. As for your husband, it is too bad that he did not trust you and just ignore your ass of an ex, it would have saved him being in jail. It sounds as if your husband now believes you, which is good. It may take a while, but if you work on the relationship, you guys should be fine. Good luck!
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:59 PM on May. 10, 2011