How many of us have been raped and never reported it? adult content

I have.

I was 18. It was a person in my dorm. He drugged me. I was confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Health

• I was 15 and drunk and never reported it. I have three friends who were raped in college under similar circumstances. None of them reported it either...we all felt partially responsible. Pathetic but true. The guy who raped me, was killed later that year in a car accident. Karma's a bitch man.
    Anonymous

• I was molested by 2 different people from age 5-10. One male the other female, I never told anyone.
    Anonymous

• :(
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I was 27.I was drinking heavily with this person that night.He raped me.I was ashamed,felt guilty.Never reported it.He still walks the streets today.
    Anonymous

• My mom was at age19. She figured since it was a family friend,it wasn't really rape. It truly set her up for some twisted ideas about love and sex

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• have you ever sought out counseling for this? i know that this is probably helping doing it this way, but it also helps to talk to a professional. I was never raped per say but molested by my birth and stepfather and then it continued thru many fosters and then with my adoptive dad. What helped me get thru all this was lots of therapy. I am not totally healed but i do think that it helped me have a healthy relationship with my now husband. I truly feel for you and hope that you and everyone that has commented here can move past this. Hugs to all that have been or will ever be going thru this.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I was molested from 12-14. He never fully penetrated me, but there was sexual activity. I said something once and got yelled at and blamed for letting it happen by his wife. Nobody stood up for me or defended me or ever got me counseling or ANYTHING. All the adults just pretended it never happened.
    Anonymous

• One of my best friends was raped by 'a friend' to lose her virginity and then another 'friend' raped her later. She didn't report either boy.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:18 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, though it was considered 'gray rape' I consented then changed my mind before he penetrated. He 'couldn't stop' he had already started. I was 19.
    Anonymous

• I was raped but I did report it. It did no good though. He wasn't even arrested. This all has given me the motivation to speak out against rape.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:01 PM on May. 10, 2011