What is something you want to teach your children about the opposite sex when they get of dating age?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:05 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• women can get crazy if you act stupid.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 7:07 PM on May. 10, 2011

• that there are plenty of 'em!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That you should treat every girl like a lady but not all of them are ladies. Some girls will take advantage of you. It's important not to let them use you. However don't be a jerk to them all because not all of girls are bad girls.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 7:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• stay away from them!!! hahaahha! just kidding i want them to treat them with respect and treat them like they would me or their dad.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I grew up with a message of young women being responsible for their own virtue and for young men's as well...as if young men had no personal accountability for their thoughts and actions. I plan to raise my daughters to be responsible for themselves and to hold young men accountable for their own behavior.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 7:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• To value yourself and your body. You should always be treated with respect and if not -- DUMP THEM. There are plenty of fish in the sea!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 7:12 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That boys may not seem to like you now, but its because they are always a little behind. Exude the confidence of someone who knows she is beautiful and terrific( because they are) and pretty soon youll be irresistable
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 7:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• There is plenty I want to teach them Before they get to dating age! On my list are things like, lust vs. love, self respect/respecting your body, It is just a wrong for a girl/boy to lie in order to get someone to have sex as it it for a boy/girl to do so and of course the dangers of having multiple partners, especially unprotected and of the risk of pregnancy before you are financially and emotionally ready AND are mature enough to handle the responsibility to be a parent. I really want to push that ANY sex can lead to pregnancy and there fore sex is a huge responsibility in it's self. Making the choice to have sex is saying' I am mature enough to handle what ever may come of this including heartbreak, STD's and/or a baby.' Only one of those things is temporary.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• DH and I have been teaching our son since he was very small that you treat a young lady as you would treat your mother. Respect her individuality, speak kindly to her, and NEVER, NEVER raise a hand to her!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:11 PM on May. 10, 2011

• To me one of the most important things to teach our kids now days is they have to take responsibility for their actions. Too many kids think its cool to have kids at young ages and it's not ok. My oldest son is 10 and he has asked questions about sex and having kids and I told him that if he chooses to have sex at a young age I can't stop him but he better realize he will get a job and take care of his child. I wil not be the one to do it. Our kids are getting away with being irresponsible and most parents end up taking care of their grand-children. That's not right. We are not teaching them to take responsibility for their own actions.
    a3b1gmom

Answer by a3b1gmom at 9:33 PM on May. 10, 2011