What are your views on the legalization of weed and do you smoke it now? adult content

Do you think that a parent can accurately perform their duties while under the influence of pot?

Would you vote to legalize it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I do smoke it, and I KNOW that I can be a proper mother while under the influence of THC. I also KNOW that many mothers could not!!!!! I have smoked marijuana for many years and I also smoked throughout my pregnancy PROUDLY and with NO regret whatsoever!!! YES, I absoluteley advocate for the legalization of marijuana and hemp( as a natural and super viable resource). I have had many years of research and I know absolutely, simply by the scent and look of a strain how it will effect me in certain amounts. BUT I am a rarity.......while there are stereo-typical responses for a virgin or occasional smoker.........the responses to THC for a seasoned or daily smoker are quite different!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:05 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't care if others use it. Legalize it, let the states collect taxes on it. A parent can be a good parent and a pot smoker. I would vote to legalize it.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:40 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Shoot they mind as well legalize it. I dont smoke personally but I have a friend who does and she's a damn good mother. She doesnt do it while her son is home or around, she keeps a job. So I guess its just the person....
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, I believe it should be legalized and taxed and would definetly benefit our economy but also with guidelines similar to
    alcohol.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 9:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't smoke it, but I do think it should be legalized. As we learned with alcohol, prohibition doesn't work, it just pushes something underground. I think it is a lot less harmful than alcohol, including it's impact on people's ability to parent well.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Op, I do drink alcohol and did responsibly consume while I parented- NEVER had an issue.

My 24 year old rarely, if ever, consumes.
    MJ is no different, IMO-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I vote for universal medical marijuana as a start. as far as regular legalization .... perhaps, with a card system like for medical. only have so much, no felonies, no past hard drug problems, no DUIs or outstanding child support, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No, no and no
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, I'd vote to legalize it. Or at the very least decriminalize it. There is no reason to take functioning, tax paying citizens and turn them into criminals that become a drain on the public. Yes, if used responsibly in moderation a parent can function, just as they can after responsible, moderate drinking. Data from the NIDA shows that marijuana is half as intoxicating as alcohol, and less addictive than alcohol, nicotine and caffeine. Many parents also use medicinally either with a legal prescription or if not in a location with medical use laws then with "off the record" suggestion from a medical professional. If a parent abuses it, then they need to stop, just as they need to stop if they're abusing anything else, legal or not.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 4:40 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I do not smoke it now, but I am all for legalization and I have witness many parents very accurately perform there duties beyond expectations while under the influence.

Answer by older at 8:09 AM on May. 11, 2011