Did you have blinders on when you got married?

did your dh wine you and dine you in the beginning and you were too blind to see something. what was it? was it that maybe his family raised him to be a total slob or he doesnt care about health? anything..name it.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:16 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope. We lived together for 4 years, so there were absolutely no surprises when we got married. Together for 11 years and still going strong.

If there are surprises, then you didn't bother asking the right questions!
    Anonymous

• we were never married but he does not care about his health
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• We were friends for the first several months and enjoyed similar activities and discussions. Before we fell in love, we fell in like.

Answer by Bmat at 7:19 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yeh, I thought he was a good provider, financially...WRONG! I mean, he had a really good job and lost it, were talking years ago, he's in business for himself and refuses to see "It Aint Workin!" He refuses to find a paying job/ work for someone else! Our marriage would be great if it weren't for money problems!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No, eyes wide open and not a door matte
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 7:25 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Nope we were friends for several months before we started dating, then after dating for about 6 months we moved in together, we lived together for a year before he proposed so by the time we got married I knew exactly what I was dealing with =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No I had my eyes open, I never went in thinking everything was going to be picture perfect, I knew any relationship was going to be a work in progress esp a marriage. We didnt live together before marriage and we will be celebrating our 9th anni next week.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No. I knew what i was in for ( ! ) and we have a good marriage .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yep, Apparently I was because he turned out to be an abusive asshole. There were red flags all over the place but I was to blind to see them.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, I must admit that I ignored the signs. It took me years but I finally got out and divorced him. He was emotionally abusive, a liar,you name it,. BUT at least I have three wonderful children. And grandchildren. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:34 PM on May. 10, 2011