If you couldn't conceive on your own, would you consider adopting or using fertility medicine?

I personally, would adopt a child instead of spending money on drugs that can possibly be more harmful than good. There's plenty of children in the world who needs parents no matter there age, race, or health. But what you do?

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 7:17 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I would consider adoption definitely. In fact my husband and i are thinking of adopting anyway and we conceived our daughters pretty easily.

Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 7:19 PM on May. 10, 2011

• We used Clomid. But we were taking a break from it when I got pregnant this time. Clomid is very inexpensive.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:20 PM on May. 10, 2011

• That's nice. I am done birthing kids lol, but grant it if I had the money one day I would like to adopt a child. So glad to hear that thank you.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would consider adoption, I would not take fertility meds.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:25 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I think adoption is wonderful too BUT, until you have to walk in the shoes of a Woman who cannot conceive on her own, you really cannot say what you would acctually do. It's easy to take a position on something when it doesn't effect you.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I'd prefer to try and have one on my own w/ drugs if we were struggling. However, our insurance wouldn't cover fertility stuff so it'd be 100% out of pocket. there might not be any $$$$ left for a baby, lol. I am all for adoption but I doubt we'd qualify. I've had kidney disease and am legally blind, hubby works FT and has some medical problems too
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• By the way, I think adoption is great. Unfortunately it doesn't always work for everyone. My friend and her husband have been trying to have a baby and trying to adopt for the past 12 years. Every time they think they are finally going to get to adopt, it falls through. It's been really difficult emotionally and financially for them.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• ILovemyPaulie, What if I told you that I was told I would never be able to have kids, and still never considered taking meds?
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Yea, that's sad especially when trying to adopt a baby or newborn.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• id adopt before id put my body through hell with those drugs, and i wouldnt look for the little babies either id go for the 500,000+ kids in the system already instead of being selfish, and yes i think the people who only go for infants and newborns are pretty selfish....

(sorry thats my opinion you can hate it all you want)
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 7:45 PM on May. 10, 2011