How to tell when your baby is ready to switch foods?

I am a college student and I am writing a paper. There is ONE question that I have left to answer/write details about. I have checked google, but am not too great at finding answers because I don't think I tpe it in right!! I was wondering if you ladies had any ideas for me to write about, or could find what words would find me what i need to know.

The question I need answered... 3. What developmental changes occur beteen 5 months to a year that demonstrate readiness for solids foods? I have already answered the other 6 questions.. One question/paragraph left to go!! Please help and thank you

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 7:32 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I googled: indicators to begin solid food for babies
    and got: http://www.google.com/search?q=indicators+to+beging+solid+food+for+babies&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=0Ux&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=7c3JTeb6F6PPiALB5NigBQ&ved=0CBYQvwUoAQ&q=indicators+to+begin+solid+food+for+babies&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c47720ba43ce4197
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• From my doctor/family practitioner: IF they are able to sit unsupported, have good head control, and are REALLY interested in table food you can start introducing solids. Right now the recommendation is NO SOLIDS until at least 6 months old. 7 years ago the recommendation was start solids between 4 and 6 months.

If you really need an authentic source try calling a local clinic/hospital, explain why you're calling and see if a doctor is willing to talk with you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:44 PM on May. 10, 2011

• OH!! It's not that I don't know the answers, it's just that I need to cite them and reference them in APA format!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• im confused
    LaurenC.

Answer by LaurenC. at 7:55 PM on May. 10, 2011