? for people who have tried or have quit smoking

does the craving EVER GO AWAY?? Damn, I've been smoke free for 3 months and I didn't have cravings this strong in the first couple of weeks that I quit...wth is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Health

• They will get few and far between but you'll still get slapped with a huge craving here and there. The longer you go without the much less you'll experience cravings. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• yes. mine went away really quick and so did my sister's - she smoked over a pack a day. one of the things that helped me was mental preparation before quitting and practicing not having cigarettes out of habit. if i reached for a cig, i'd stop myself and then just move on to something else rather than talk myself out of it (if i focus too much on smoking or not smoking then i am still consumed by cigarettes in some way). instead of trying to fight your cravings, just distract yourself.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I quit smoking a few times. I still have cravings here and there, and it is a battle when those cravings hit. It is all mind over matter for me. At this point I dont miss it, but sometime down the road I probably will...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I quit 3 years ago after smoking for over 10 years and I still get cravings. They do become fewer, but mine are usually related to habits. Like when I'm out at a bar, drinking with friends.....or during high times of stress.....or really early on a rainy morning (don't ask).....it does get better though.
    anna17

Answer by anna17 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2008