If one more woman complains about weight gain..

Gosh seriously, I'm so sick of pregnant women trying to "not gain more then 20 lbs" .... or complain about any amount of weight gain during pregnancy. I feel like there is this big obsession about staying thin while pregnant. Am I the only one? I mean unless you're overweight to begin with, YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO GAIN WEIGHT. Even overweight women are suppose to gain a little bit!

These poor babies! I mean it's one thing when you eat healthy and balanced and only gain 15 lbs, but women who obsess over it make me sick! Maybe some women should grow up before getting pregnant! Am I the only one sick of hearing women talking about gaining as little as possible when pregnant?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 7:44 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I agree! I'm pregnant now and I'm taking full advantage lol...I've gained 40lbs already and still have a little over a month to go so I may gain a little more weight. I'm not worried about it. This is the time when you can allow yourself to eat whatever the hell you want, gain a bunch of wieght and people still smile at you and tell you how beautiful you look lol....I think it's sad that women think they have to stay thin no matter what...I blame celebrities
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• clapping

PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i always gained 40-60 pounds when i was pregnant, and i have three babies. my body is smaller now than it was before i got pregnant. losing weight after pregnancy IS hard work, but it isn't impossible. i have lost 80 pounds.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Pregnancy is the time when you should eat and pack on weight!! Lol the heck with dieting! Feed your babies! Lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 7:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i was always worried when pregnant as i lose weight i get bad morning sickness for 9 months .

when i fell pregnant with my 2nd son i was a uk size 14 so this midwifes said they run a pregnancy diet clinic to stop women putting on too much weight . i told her it would not be a problem for me and she gave me a look of yeah right 2 months later she seen me and i was down to a uk size 12 and she looked at my chart and said " you were not joking were you " by the time i had the baby i was a uk size 10 , it not nice i felt like death wormed up for 9 months i do anything to have a healthy pregnancy that i don't spend 9 months with dr saying drink or its the drip for you I HATE NEEDLE THEY SCRAE ME TO DEATH so i really hate drips :(

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No, you should not be stuffing your face and packing on weight. You should be eating healthy foods and paying even more attention to what you are putting in your mouth while pregnant than you do when you're not. Gaining too much weight can be detrimental to babies too! Having a healthy mom is the most important thing, no matter what that weight is.
    BUT - when pregnant you only need about 300 extra calories a day. I see women who take full license to truly "eat for two" and that's not healthy!

Answer by missanc at 7:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I gained 90 dang lbs with my son!!!!!!!!! I was a little concerned this time about gaining wait since I never really lost much of that after I had him. hes 4 now lol.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 7:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Missanc says it perfectly. The important thing is that you eat healthy. If they are in a position where they are borderline for diabetes and other health issues, they need to use common sense and keep their cravings under control for the sake of the baby. If you're craving snacks non-stop, grab some veggies or drink a glass of water to help fill the void. Once the baby comes and they are still 40+ pounds from pre-pregnancy, it can be depressing looking at yourself. I know so many moms who tell me all the time they wish they would have been more conscience about what they were doing to their body when they were prego. They have alot more work ahead of them to get back to their healthy selves.
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 8:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have gained 75lbs...can I complain about that? LOL I was underweight to start with, so at first they were telling me I needed to gain enough, now they are telling me to stop.

I agree with the others...they need to be focusing on making sure there are eating enough good nutritious foods, and understand that pregnancy is supposed to come with some weight gain.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I completely agree with the OP you gain weight in a pregnancy get over it but i also think you need to do so wisely not just be on a see food diet (you know what i mean the reaction of oooooooo chocolate cake then poof there's no cake) it drives me crazy when my friends cheer about only gaining 5 pounds with their pregnancy and bragging that there diet drinks are working .......wtf and they wondered why there babies were born at 32 weeks and in the nicu for a month then said the next pregnancy they will have to gain less weight they must have been to fat to carry the baby
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 9:25 PM on May. 10, 2011