• In the Spotlight:

Low progesterone and progesterone cream?

Ok so my dr said my progesterone levels were 0.4 and should itleast be a 6.0 I wanted to know if anyone on here used progesterone cream to help them TTC and did it help you conceive and carry the baby, what kind should I use, how to use it?

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had never heard of progesterone cream so I read about it here http://www.johnleemd.com/store/faqs_progest_crm.html hope that helps you some
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:23 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I had progesterone shots from the time I found out I was pregnant to 36 weeks. I didn't take it for conception, but it is essential in maintaining a pregnancy. I believe it will help.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:21 AM on May. 11, 2011

• Progesterone is taken after you ovulate if your is low it is possibly a sign that you are not ovulating. That is usually what they are checking for unless they told you otherwise. 

My dr put me on the pills to be used as a suppository after ovulation until the hpt test comes back neg. about 2 weeks.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 2:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Progesterone cream is usually used only after ovulation to sustain a pregnancy and I would only use it on the advice of your doctor. If you are not pregnant and your progesterone is low you probably did not ovulate. I am currently using Clomid to help me ovulate.
    mlkuil

Answer by mlkuil at 3:42 PM on May. 11, 2011