Pregnancy and work

So I'm 11 weeks pregnant , I work 8 hours a day as a receptionist so it's really hard for me to eat.
I'm always starving and it's hard to eat with my managers there. She knows I'm pregnant but they say I can snack but even snacking doesn't help. How can I make this work ??

Also I'm 5'4 and weight just 100 pounds. When will I start showing ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Pick filling snacks... proteins are good!! and snack away!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Do you not get a lunch break? What about 15 minute breaks before and after lunch?? You could snack then. If you don't get breaks you are suppose to. Thats agains labor laws.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• make your snacks filling, like a yogurt and granola bar or fresh fruit, cheese and crackers with apple slices. eat smaller meals throughout the day more frequently, and you won't be starving at work. as far as showing, if it's your first pregnancy you might not show til your 6th or 7th month. that was the case for me anyway, but i was already overweight when i got pregnant. since you're petite you may show soon.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I like the pudding packs. They fill me up quick and have calcium. Bananas are also filling. I was slim with my first and people asked me if I was prego at 3 months.
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 8:13 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I get a break but not till the middle of the day. And when I snack it has to be quick so I can't eat alot. It's hard for me to snack and then I'm starving n I get nausea
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree with the PP. Make sure that your snacks are "hearty" and eat a full meal before work and during your lunch.

As far as showing, everyone is different. I am short and thin, and I have always shown right away. A girlfriend of mine is actually smaller than me, and didn't show much at all her entire pregnancy (and I'm talking rail thin) then gave birth one day to a 7lbs baby LOL.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• you should get written document from ur docter like i did ur pregnant ur gonna have to eat thats not healthy
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 8:44 AM on May. 11, 2011